Sunday, July 15, 2007

3rd Annual Culver Triathlon

Last weekend I participated in the 3rd Annual Culver Triathlon in Culver, Indiana. It was amazing to see this little town host such a fun, well-sponsored sporting event. Some of the most notable sponsors included Pro Form, Brinkman Press who provided swim caps for the swimmers, and Michelob Ultra who was giving unlimited beer samples to everyone!
Participants could tackle the 1/4 mile swim, 10.5 mile bike ride and the 3 mile run as an individual or as a relay team. Having no desire to swim and then complete the race in a wet bathing suit, my dad and I competed as a co-ed relay team. He did the swimming portion while I biked and ran finishing in about 1 hr. and 24 minutes!
Overall the race was amazing- Culver is a wonderful place to be and this race made it even more special! I'm definitely signing up for next year's event, and might do all three events!