Thursday, May 15, 2008

Crisp

After weeks of watching this new Midtown lunch spot under construction it finally opens!
What a great day for them to open their doors, the sunshine will definitely help increase their foot traffic. I ordered my Hummus Bowl with Salad. I didn't pair it with a tea, maybe next time, but I was excited to see that a "crisp" (a.k.a. falafel ball) comes with each Hummus Bowl.

From Midtown Lunch's post I learned that...
  • Their pita breads are baked from scratch every few hours on premises
  • Their fresh made teas sound really good (with flavors like lychee, ginger/peach, & apple mango)
  • Some of the ingredients they use in the sandwiches I could be down with… like mango curry, eggplant, goat cheese, and pomegranate dressing
  • I won’t eat salads, but a hummus bowl with mango curry or roasted eggplant sounds pretty damn good
  • Everything they serve is organic, when possible, and always delivered fresh daily. Plus they change their oil every 24 hours, and they only use eco-friendly, recycled materials
The Crisp Sandwiches may make for a good meal but the Hummus Bowls might end up being a better snack for most people.
Definitely worth checking out- Crisp-- on 3rd Ave. btw. 43+44th