Sunday, January 25, 2009

The Delta Grill

The Delta Grill in Manhattan's Hell's Kitchen may not look like much but is quiet the gem once you're inside. Every year this Cajun comfort food restaurant hosts a Mardi Gras celebration. This year the party is set for Feb. 24th, where they have live music and an all-you-can-eat-Cajun buffet.
Apparently this New Orleans style restaurant has amazing Jumbalya and Jambalya Wontons, however neither my friend or I ordered these dishes. Instead, we ordered some amazing plates that definitely did not disappoint.
He had the Po' Boys BBQ Pulled Pork sandwich with sweet potato fires and a side of Randall's Macaroni and Cheese that overflowed the cup in which its served. I ordered from the Vegetarian section which featured Ravioli, a Veggie Wrap and my favorite, Stuff Pineapple. I had never heard of such a thing and absolutely could not pass up the chance to try it. When it was set in front of me I was amazed by the stir fried vegetables served in a hot halved pineapple.

If you're in the area (48th & 9th Ave) and craving homecooked comfort food I definitely recommend you stop in and give The Delta Grill a try.