I knew I would like the city but coming from Dallas I was not looking forward to the cold weather or public transportation. A couple mentors of mine at the time told me to give New York a chance for 3 to 5 years and then move out West if that's still something I wanted to do. So here I am, three and a half years later, sitting in my new sunny Hollywood apartment!
I am thrilled that I have finally reached my goal of moving to California but incredibly sad that New York is no longer my home. I have truly fallen in love with NYC and know that I will miss it every day.
Things I will miss about New York...
- Obviously my amazing NY friends top the list along with the fabulous people in the New York office!
- The variety of restaurants within walking distance to wherever you are
- The abundance of taxis
- Central Park
- The running path along the Hudson
- Broadway shows
- Rolling my eyes at tourists who are so easy to spot once you become a local
- Having a NYSC on every corner
- Walking to and from work every day
- Bumble & Bumble
- The skyline, especially at night
- Working in a famous building (our NY office was in the original Superman movie!)
Hopefully you all will stay tuned and please feel free to give me feedback along the way!