Sunday, September 02, 2007

FLUTE

After dinner at The House my friend and I walked to FLUTE, a champagne lounge in Gramercy (20th btw. Broadway & Park). I never knew there were so many different types of champagne, most of which lined the shelves above the bar. The dim lighting and plush sofas would be perfect for an after-dinner date, even though I was there with a friend we had a great time and ordered the Bellini Sampler. For each of the champagne samplers you could choose 3 different types to taste. For the Bellini sampler we choose the pear, mango and peach flavors. Pear was our least favorite as the taste was very subtle.
Apparently Tuesdays from 5-8pm it's Happy Hour at Flute. On our way out we also noticed a flyer announcing Champagne classes, it would be interesting to learn more about the varieties of champagne, I'll have to look into it.