Sunday, September 02, 2007

The House

Not loving the menu at Casa Mono on Irving Place btw 17th and 18th my friend and I headed over to the quaint little restaurant called The House.
It's charming black and silver-themed decor is well lit with beautiful chandeliers. All the outdoor tables (3 of them) were taken so we sat inside on the main floor at a tall table with cushiony swivel chairs. We started our meal with the White Bean Hummus and Avocado Puree appetizer. For our entrees my friend ordered the Panino of Prosciutto di Parma with black mission figs, gorgonzola cheese and rosemary oil. I had the Heirloom Tomato and Mozzarella di Bufala "Caprese" accompanied by a very refreshing lemon basil sorbet. The rectangular plate was decorated by a simple line of tomato water and basil oil. I loved this dish, I also added some balsamic vinegar which really added to the dish.