Monday, September 24, 2007

Tamarind

This was my first experience eating Indian food and now I'm a huge fan! I ordered the Chana Pindi- a north Indian specialty of chickpeas cooked with onion tomatoes and pomegranate seeds. Yes, it was a bit spicy but amazingly delicious and filling. Most of the friends I dined with ordered the Chicken Tikka Masala- chicken tikka cooked in a tomato fenugreek sauce with Indian spices, which they loved. All the dishes were served in elegant silver dishes, as was the rice we ordered on the side to cool down our spicy dishes.
I definitely recommend making reservations for a weekend night at Tamarind (E. 22nd Street) as it was really crowded by the time we left. However, it wouldn't be a bad place to have to wait to be seated. The decor was crisp with white and beige hues which allowed for a nice relaxing meal.