Sunday, July 06, 2008

Great N.Y. Noodletown


Apparently recommended by GQ magazine this authentic noodle house in the heart of Chinatown. With chickens and ducks hanging along side the windows, Great N.Y. Noodletown is a place I would have never gone to by myself but worth the experience in the end. I may never go back but at least I can say I've truly experienced an authentic Chinese restaurant. I ordered the Vegetable Dumpling soup and the Sauteed Bok Choy. The soup was actually really good.

I should also note that we ended up at Great N.Y. Noodletown because our first choice, Barrio Chino (253 Broome St.) was no longer in existance but was also recommended by GQ mag recently. We were standing right in front of the location and it was toally not there! So disappointing and what's even worse is that NYmag.com and Menu Pages haven't updated their posts.