Thursday, April 09, 2009

Milos Estiatorio

I had walked past Milos several times before but had never tried it until recently. The restaurant is extremely spacious, carrying the Grecian theme throughout with white stucco walls and large clay pots in every view. The back of the restaurant, near the kitchen, is set up like a fish market where diners can select a their fish from the bed of ice.
My three friends and I shared the Mediterranean Spreads, a Greek sampler which included Taztziki, Tarama, Kipti, Skordalia, eggplant croquettes and grape vine leaves. For my entree I had the Organic Heirloom Beets- baked heirloom beets served with green and balsamic vinegar.
A group of girls sat behind us came to Milos simply for drinks and dessert which looked amazing! I would definitely do the same, considering the dessert menu offers three diferent sizes of fruit platters, plus other traditional Greek dishes like Baklava, Galaktoboureko, Karidopita, Loukoumades and more.
Located on 55th Street between 6th & 7th Avenues, Milos would be a great venue for corporate events or simply large parties.