Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Seva

I have only been to Astoria three times but the most recent time my friend who lives there took me to Seva, an Indian restaurant located at 30-07 34th St. In Hindi "Seva" means an act of selfless service. Eating Indian food always intrigues me and I always end up wishing there were photos alongside every menu option. Being a vegetarian Indian food is usually a safe bet but I'm such a picky eater I do find it a bit challenging to decide what to order. At Seva I had the Mixed Vegetable Curry which was very good and different from my usual Chana Masala (chickpea, cloves, black cardamom, and tomato).
Seva also delivers to Astoria residents and since the restaurant itself is not a spectacular space I would almost recommend using the delivery or take out option anyway. (718-626-4440)