Saturday, September 06, 2008

Norma's at Le Parker Meridien

Located within Le Parker Meridien Hotel (on 57th St. near 6th Ave.), Norma's is definitely known as one of the best places to have brunch in NYC. Even though we had reservations the three of us waited for a good 30-40 minutes. Not to worry though, it was fun people watching.

I wanted to try a bite of almost everything on the menu which was categorized by clever headlines like "Mom Can't Make This" that included gourmet breakfast dishes like Caramelized Chocolate Banana Waffle Napoleon, PB&C Waffle 'Wich (chocolate waffle a peanut butter and toffee crunch filling), French Toast (super moist french toast with an orange infused Honey drizzle) and Breakfast Nachos (strawberry, banana and pineapple on tortilla chips drizzled with chocolate)- which, by the way, I do think my mom could make, in fact, I think I could make that and serve it at a breakfast and/or dessert party. ;)

(photo above is the Caramelized Chocolate Banana Waffle Napoleon)

"Somethin' Fruity" featured McCann's Irish Oatmeal Brulee (with sauteed green apples and red pears) which sounded pretty interesting and Crunchy Pecan and Macadamia Granola (with dried fruit and fresh berries) which I did have and it was probably the best granola I've ever had. It even kept me full all day and gave me plenty of energy for the Nike Human Race that evening.

"Benny Sent Me" lists five different style of Eggs Benedict while the "Egg Cellent" section showcased eleven different kinds of eggs including five different kinds of omelets and even The Zillion Dollar Lobster Frittata which starts at $100 for the Regular 1 oz Sevruga Caviar and $1,000 for the Super size 10 oz Sevruga Caviar. (I seriously wonder how many people order this a year.)

If you're looking for an impressive someone with a memorable brunch I definitely recommend Norma's, just be sure to call ahead for reservations and be prepared to spend a lot of money. (On the plus side, it might be the only meal you eat all day. Haha)