Monday, March 30, 2009

China Grill

While my mom was in town I asked around for restaurant recommendations near our hotel and my friend Mike from I Ate It My Way recommended we try China Grill, and I must say, I'm glad we did! Located at W. 53rd St. (near 6th Ave), this midtown establishment is part of a global chain of restaurants owned by China Grill Management who has restaurants from London to Las Vegas.
The menu offers a wide variety of Asian-fusion dishes served family style.
My top recommendations are: the Marinated Tempura Tofu & Shitake Mushroom Potstickers, the Baby Lettuce Salad with grilled hearts of palm, marinated artichokes, warm tempura goat cheese & Chinese apple vinaigrette; the Edamame & Vegetable Risotto red pepper coulis and miso grilled begetables as well as the Wok Sauteed Vegetables as a side.
We finished our meal with one of the most amazing desserts ever, The Great Wall which consists of caramelized bananas along side a block of three different flavors of ice cream, whipped cream, chocolate chopsticks and chocolate shavings.
The restaurant space is in the bottom of an office building with great amounts of seating in the front and in the back. The bar is in the middle section of the restaurant and would be a great after work/happy hour hangout.